If you’re looking to knit a sweater that’s classic and chic with a subtle feminine touch, then The Posy Sweater knitting pattern is definitely for you! The design concept for this gorgeous and sweet sweater was to juxtapose a comfy, relaxed-fit with a beautiful feminine touch of a satin ribbon bow in the back, which when combined, creates a stunning sweater. Featuring a double-fold collar with a beautiful ribbing that really pops, slightly puffed sleeves, a loose fitting bust, and a beautiful ribbon with a keyhole design in the back, The Posy Sweater has completely stolen our hearts and is a favorite among our customers! Knitted top-down raglan style on circular knitting needles, this is a wonderful knitting project for intermediate knitters.
• A DarlingJadore™ Original knit sweater design of “The Posy Sweater”
• WANT VIDEO SUPPORT? Get the “Premium Pattern Package“, which also includes access to a series of premium video tutorials to guide you through knitting this sweater
• Catch a glimpse of this design in our commercial
• The Posy Sweater knitting pattern is a highly-detailed 11-page digital file containing instructions, photos, + schematics
• Skill level: Intermediate knitters
• The Post Sweater knitting pattern was written and designed for adult women sizes XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL (See Size Chart below)
• Size: The Posy Sweater knitting pattern includes a sizing guide with measurements and also includes instructions to adapt the knitting pattern to make the sweater much larger or smaller if preferred. Since it’s knitted top-down, it’s easy to adapt the knitting pattern to fit your specific size and create the sweater much smaller or larger than the measurements below, and the pattern provides information on how to do so. But for convenience, the sizes of the knitted sweater -– XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL — correspond to the approximate bust sizes the sweater will fit up to: 37.5” (95.25 cm), 39.5″-40” (100.33 cm-101.6 cm), (42”) (106.68 cm), 44” (111.76 cm), 46.5” (118.11 cm), 50″ (127 cm).
• Process: The Posy Sweater is seamlessly knitted top-down on circular knitting needles
• Features A classic double-thick crewneck, relaxed fit, + keyhole back detailing with ribbon/bow design
• Language: English. The Posy Sweater knitting pattern is written in standard American terms; Videos are provided in English
• Blog post: You can read about the knit design concept behind The Posy Sweater here
• Other locations: You can also grab this knitting pattern on Etsy and Ravelry
• The Posy Sweater knitting pattern is available for download immediately after purchasing and e-mailed to the e-mail address you provide at checkout. Contact The Darling Jadore Technical Support Team via e-mail at any time if you have any difficulty downloading your knitting pattern: firstname.lastname@example.org
• As with all Darling Jadore knitting patterns and crochet patterns, the download link never expires, and all knit and crochet patterns are “live”, meaning they are regularly updated (with notice to customers). We at Darling Jadore are passionate about providing the highest quality knitting patterns and crochet patterns and videos to our customers, and to us, that means always updating versions of our knit and crochet patterns to make them the highest possible quality when possible. You can read more of our FAQs here.
Required Materials For The Posy Sweater Knitting Pattern:
• U.S. Size 8 (5.0mm) knitting needles (16″ here, 29″ here, 36″ here)
• The interchangeable knitting needle set we like most is this one
• Approx. 1405-1430 yards (1284.732-1307.592 meters) of medium/worsted-weight (category 4) yarn; Wraps Per Inch (WPI) by weight: Approx. 9-12 (similar here, here, and here)
• Ribbon (similar here, here, and here)
• Stitch markers
• Check out our Amazon shop
• Note: As with all Darling Jadore patterns, the specific yarn & materials used in the photographed sample item is listed within the knitting pattern or crochet pattern for convenience.
Other notions recommended, but not required for The Posy Sweater knitting pattern:
• Tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
• Row counter
• Project storage bag
• Stitch markers
• Yarn Guide Finger Holder
• Yarn bowl
All knitting patterns and crochet patterns and photographs are the property of Darling Jadore and are purchased under the agreement that the knit and crochet patterns and photographs cannot be distributed, copied in part or in whole, re-written, or re-sold without permission. All knitting pattern and crochet pattern files, photos, and videos are protected by U.S. copyright and are the property of DarlingJadore. It is illegal to redistribute, sell or share these knit or crochet patterns in part or in whole, electronically or physically.
© 2020 DarlingJadore; All rights reserved.
View this post on Instagram
A quick little video for my new fave, The Posy Sweater ? A sea of stockinette stitches, a back keyhole ribbon detail, + extra positive ease for a relaxed fit ?? Grab your US 8/ 5mm needles + worsted-weight (cat. 4) yarn and knit your own ?? Tap the vid to shop either the pattern PDF or the Premium Pattern Package (which gives you access to a series of video tutorials to assist you) and happy knitting! ??