The Design Concept Of The York Sweater: Simple, Classic Stitches
Swimming in a sea of classic stockinette stitches, The York Sweater is a simple pattern for intermediate knitters who want to try their hand at a top-down raglan-style sweater! This sweater knitting pattern is a classic crewneck sweater that is knitted top-down and comes in sizes Small through 2XL. The sweater has a couple inches of positive ease, and the sleeves are a relaxed and slightly puffy fit, making The York Sweater a staple in all wardrobes!
Check Out Our YouTube Page + Subscribe To Our Channel
You have two options when buying this knitting pattern: Option #1: Buy the pattern PDF only, which includes schematics, photos, step-by-step instructions, and everything else a knitting pattern ought to have; or Option #2: Buy the "Premium Pattern Package", which includes the PDF plus four video tutorials that help guide you through knitting it.
And have you heard about our Learn page yet? It's an extensive free resource filled to the brim with information on stitches, reading knitting patterns, terms, schematics, and also filled with loads of photos and video tutorials for many stitches that are required by Darling Jadore patterns. No need to spend your hard-earned money on a book just to learn how to knit and helpful tips and tricks. Plus, who even has time to flip through a book?! We designed this digital resource to be user-friendly with a menu that you can click on and it will immediately direct you to the location you want to go in under one second. Want to learn how to Kfb? Click on "kfb" and at lightning speed, you're presented with photos, a video tutorial, and accompanying text to learn. We've also included other informative information like how to read a knitting pattern, common abbreviations, information on blocking, Sierra's top picks for starting a knitting tool kit, information on Continental-style knitting and more. The best part? We're continually updating and growing the content. And if you're wondering, yes we'll be launching a crochet "Learn" page soon too!
New to knitting a sweater? I gotcha covered, and highly recommend going with the Premium Pattern Package option. But if you've knitted a few sweaters in your day, you'll be good to go with only the PDF. The York Sweater is worked seamlessly from the top down, meaning you will start knitting the neck first, then move onto the yoke and body, and lastly work on the sleeves. The pattern PDF for The York Sweater includes a sizing guide and measurements, but for convenience, the sweater sizes, S, M, L, XL, XXL corresponds to the approximate bust measurements of up to 34", 36", 37", 42", 48", and the sweater photographed was knitted in a size Medium. The York Sweater is intended to have a cozy fit with a couple inches of positive ease. And as with all top-down sweaters, you can try the sweater on periodically while you're knitting it to see if the size is too small or too large for you, and then adjust accordingly.
A Breakdown Of The Knitting Pattern: What To Expect From The York Sweater Knitting Pattern
- You get to choose between two options: Option #1: Get the "Premium Pattern Package", which includes the 7-page PDF plus four detailed video tutorials to help guide you; or Option #2: Get only the digital PDF file and forgo the video tutorial support.
- Regardless of which option you choose, you will receive:
- A highly-detailed 7-page PDF digital file with step-by step instructions, schematics, and photos.
- All the specific details of all the materials and yarn used to create the exact sweater in the photos.
- Tips and tricks for knitting this sweater (and other top-down sweaters) more easily and quickly.
- Size charts and dimensions to help you pick the exact size you want to make this sweater in. Remember, the pattern is written for sizes Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and 2XL.
- All the basic knitting pattern attributes: gauge, abbreviations, step-by-step instructions, basic technique explanations, e-mail support, etc.