This classic sweater knitting pattern is an absolute favorite among our customers, and is the perfect knitting pattern if you’re new to knitting a raglan-style top-down sweater. The York Sweater knitting pattern features a classic rib on the collar, bottom, and cuffs and the body is a sea of beautiful stockinette stitches that make this knitting project fun, easy, and meditative to follow.
• A DarlingJadore™ Original knit sweater design of “The York Sweater”
• The York Sweater knitting pattern is a highly-detailed digital knitting pattern file that includes guided instructions, photos, schematics.
• Catch a glimpse of this design in our commercial
• WANT VIDEO SUPPORT? You can get the “Premium Pattern Package“, which also includes access to a series of premium video tutorials to help guide you through making this sweater.
• Skill level: Intermediate knitters
• Language: English. This knitting pattern is written in standard American terms; Videos are provided in English
• Knitting pattern was written and designed for adult women sizes S, M, L, XL, 2XL (see Size Chart below)
• Knitting pattern includes a sizing guide with measurements and also includes instructions to adapt the knitting pattern to make the sweater much larger or smaller if preferred. Since it’s knitted top-down, it’s easy to adapt the pattern to fit your specific size and create the sweater much smaller or larger than the measurements below, and the knitting pattern provides information on how to do so. For convenience, the sweater sizes — S, M, L, XL, 2XL — corresponds to the approximate bust measurements of up to 34″ (86.36 cm), 36″ (91.44 cm), 37″ (93.98 cm), 42″ (106.68 cm), 48″ (121.92 cm)
• Features : The York Sweater is a classic crew neck and relaxed-fit sleeves
• The York Sweater knitting pattern can also be found on Etsy and Ravelry
• Process: seamlessly knit top-down on circular knitting needles
• You can read about the knit design process and concept behind this sweater here
• Fun fact: The York Sweater knitting pattern was featured on a MadeUrban blog post here
• The York Sweater knitting pattern is available for download immediately after purchasing and e-mailed to the e-mail address you provide at checkout. Contact The Darling Jadore Technical Support Team via e-mail at any time if you have any difficulty downloading your knitting pattern: email@example.com
• As with all Darling Jadore knit and crochet patterns, the download link never expires, and all knit and crochet patterns are “live”, meaning they are regularly updated (with notice to customers). We at Darling Jadore are passionate about providing the highest quality knitting patterns and crochet patterns and videos to our customers, and to us, that means always updating versions of our knit and crochet patterns to make them the highest possible quality when possible. You can read more of our FAQs here.
Required Materials For The York Sweater Knitting Pattern:
• U.S. Size 5 & 6 circular knitting needles (16″ Size 5 here, 29″ Size 6 here, 32″ Size 6 here)
• The interchangeable knitting needle set we like most is this one
• Approx. 830-880 (758.952-804.672 meters) of medium/worsted-weight (category 4) yarn; Wraps Per Inch (WPI) by weight: Approx. 9-12 (similar here, here, and here)
• Stitch markers
• Check out our Amazon shop
• Note: As with all Darling Jadore knitting patterns and crochet patterns, the specific yarn & materials used in the photographed sample sweater is listed within the knitting pattern for convenience
Other notions recommended, but not required for The York Sweater knitting pattern:
• Tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
• Row counter
• Project storage bag
• Stitch markers
• Yarn Guide Finger Holder
• Yarn bowl
All knitting patterns and crochet patterns and photographs are the property of Darling Jadore and are purchased under the agreement that the knit and crochet patterns and photographs cannot be distributed, copied in part or in whole, re-written, or re-sold without permission. All knitting pattern and crochet pattern files, photos, and videos are protected by U.S. copyright and are the property of DarlingJadore. It is illegal to redistribute, sell or share these knit or crochet patterns in part or in whole, electronically or physically.
© 2020 DarlingJadore; All rights reserved.